Digital Culture, Social Media and Innovation for the Cultural Heritage
Pisa 9th October 2015, Sala Bianchi – Scuola Normale Superiore, Piazza dei Cavalieri 7
The cultural sector has always been facing the great challenge of building its audience, but the digital shift changed radically how cultural heritage is made, disseminated, distributed, accessed, consumed and monetised. One of the most important revolutions is that visitors’ role changed dramatically, shifting from passive observers to active participants and contents producers. This workshop explored different ways of communicating cultural contents with the use of new media and showed how a greater audience can be reached by combining the power of social media and storytelling.
The workshop was hosted by Fondazione Sistema Toscana as part of the Europeana Space project activities, in cooperation with Invasioni Digitali, and took place in the framework of the Internet Festival event.
- 09:00 – Europeana Space: creative re-use perspectives for cultural heritage – Antonella Fresa, Promoter srl, Technical Coordinator of Europeana Space
- 09:30 – Communicating a territory through new media: Play Your Tuscany and Unraveling Jordan – Costanza Giovannini, Fondazione Sistema Toscana
- 10:00 – Co-creation, co-design and storytelling in the digital world – Marianna Marcucci, Barbara Marcotulli, Invasioni Digitali
- 10:30 – Hands-on session – Elaborating creative strategies for audience development
- 14:00 – Co-creation session
- 15:30 – Presentation of the projects developed in the hands-on session and discussion
- 16:30 – Online marketing and audience development for cultural sector – Jasper Visser, Inspired by Coffee
- 17:00 – End of the event
Photo source internet: Statua – Piazza dei Cavalieri (D. Tarantino)